“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.” REVELATION 12:10-12
The BEST way to reach the lost is through your personal testimony. People can identify with you and want to hear what Christ has done for you and what salvation really means. Here is a brief outline of how to prepare your testimony to share.
- Remember, the testimony is to testify about Jesus, don’t make it all about you
- Pray that God show you what to share and to give you wisdom and guidence
- Realize what is at stake is the souls of your friends, family and others
- Start with an interesting one line sentence
- Always close with a conclusion
- Present it in a way that people can relate to you
- Give enough details to help arouse interest
- Should have a general outline in your mind to follow
- Include a plan of salvation unless someone is following you who will do that like a pastor
- Be truthful
- Stay in a joyful and happy mood. Let people want what you have
- Be loving and enthusiastic
- Avoid run on topics that tend to bore people
- Speak loudly and clearly
- Smile often and make eye contact
- Have a good appearance, be clean and neat
- Feature Jesus Christ not you!
SOME DO NOTS:
- Don’t use big words or jargon, especially “Religous talk” Stuff like born again, convicted suffering, etc.
- Don’t preach at people when your sharing a testimony. Talk to them
- Don’t tear others down, from the past or those your talking to
- Don’t be racial or inconsiderate of others when sharing
- Don’t let your testimony drag on too long
- Don’t apologize during your testimony
- Don’t mention your church, your denomination or anything else relating to church in YOUR testimony
- Don’t live a life complaining and whining about everything and then share your testimony
- Don’t BRAG about how good God is to you…. IT IS ABOUT JESUS!